Listed below are all fees you as a tenant will be liable for prior to letting a property from Hobdays. All Fees include VAT
FEES PAYABLE BY TENANTS UP TO 31 MAY 2019
Holding Fee- £250 – This is deducted from the first months’ rent upon a tenancy commencing. If the tenants fail to occupy the property due to the fault of the tenant(s) then a admin fee of £250.00 becomes payable.
References - One Tenant £90 Two tenants £150.00 Three Tenants £240.00 Four Tenants £300.00 Five Tenants £390.00 and each Guarantor £35.00
Inventory Between £65.00 - £170.00 depending on the size of the property
Damage Deposit 1.5 to 2 months rent depending on the landlord
Tenancy subject to passing references
TENANT FEES ACT 2019 - FROM 1 JUNE 2019
When moving into a property Tenants will NOT be liable for any reference fees etc., inventory/check-in but they will be required to pay:
Holding Fee: equivalent to one weeks rent
DEADLINE FOR AGREEMENT – HOLDING DEPOSIT
The DEADLINE for AGREEMENT is the 15th Day after paying the HOLDING DEPOSIT. However, a different DEADLINE for AGREEMENT may be agreed with tenant and agent/landlord see DEADLINE for AGREEMENT DATE.
If the agent/landlord is unable to meet the agreed DEADLINE for AGREEMENT then the holding deposit will be returned within 7 days , the landlord/agent decides not to let to you your holding deposit will be returned within 7 days.
The holding deposit will not be refunded in the following instances:
• You change your mind about renting the property
• You fail reference checks due to false information; Credit, employment checks etc
• You fail the right to rents checks
• You fail to meet the DEADLINE for AGREEMENT
• Failed to provide the correct information by the DEADLINE for AGREEMENT date.
DURING THE TENANCY (PAYABLE TO THE AGENT)
The tenant will be liable for paying the following fees:
• Lost keys – each key capped at £50.00. or reasonable costs if higher
• Lost key fobs – the cost of these can vary so this will be discussed at the time
• Name changes or changes on the tenancy, capped at £50.00, or reasonably costs incurred if higher
• Change of tenant- if the landlord agrees for a change of tenant the leaving tenant will be responsible for reasonable costs incurred by the landlord/agent
• Early Termination of tenancy – If the Landlord agrees to early termination you be required to pay the landlords/agents costs/financial loss until a suitable tenant is found.
DURING THE TENANCY (PAYABLE TO THE PROVIDER)
• Utilities - gas, electricity, water
• Communications - telephone and broadband
• Installation of cable/satellite
• Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
• Television licence
• Council Tax
We may also charge for other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation, including contractual damages.